As your partner, Rievent is committed to provide a comfortable experience for your learners, and one way we're committed to helping is by ensuring that your SSL certificate remains active.
Do all Rievent's customers need to manage their own SSL Certificates?
No. Only customers using custom domains need to manage their SSL renewals. Any domains that include ".rievent.com" are not custom domains. For example, universityclinic.rievent.com is not a custom domain.
If I have a custom domain, how do I manage to the renewal process?
To help you manage certificate renewals, here are some steps and tips to ensure the renewal is a success:
- Set up a Reminder for your SSL's Certificate's Expiration. Certificate vendors typically provide notification for when an SSL is soon to expire, but if yours doesn't offer this service, we recommend setting up a reminder for at least a month in advance of its expiration. SSL Shopper has a free tool that makes it easy to view your domain's SSL certificate expiration and to also set up a reminder.
- Be sure to give your certificate vendor plenty of time to manage the renewal. We recommend requesting a certificate at least three weeks ahead of its expiration, to allow the vendor to provide it and for Rievent's installation. We don't mind receiving it early!
- When requesting an SSL Certificate, be sure to use the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) that was provided by Rievent when the certificate was initially obtained. If the CSR is not available, please contact Rievent to request a new one.
- Request to receive the certificate in PEM format.
- Be sure the intermediate certificate is included.
- Let your vendor know it will be installed on an Apache server.
- Provide the renewed SSL certificate to Rievent through our ticketing system.
We're here to help, so please let us know if you have any questions.