The Rievent team is excited to announce the release of Rievent Platform v15.0.
With the release of version 15.0, Rievent has evolved its ACCME PARS and JA-PARS support to accommodate the most recent changes by the ACCME. More information on these updates can be found here on the ACCME website.
Below is the list of changes we've made to address the new PARS requirements:
- The PARS/JA-PARS export file generated by the Rievent Platform will now be in XML format. This was previously a tab-delimited file type. Rievent's XML report will override all data (not supplement) when uploaded into ACCME PARS, so please be sure all data has been reviewed before uploading to the ACCME. For this reason, the Rievent Platform should be used as the database of record for PARS/JA-PARS details.
- For activities that offer MOC, the user interface has been combined with the PARS/JA-PARS page in the Rievent Platform.
- We've removed the fields for reporting year, hours of instruction, competencies, and type of in-kind support.
- You now need to enter the end date for each activity.
- If you offer repeat activities (activities with the same content offered more than once), you only need to enter the activity once, specifying the date and location for each instance, and PARS will automatically create individual activity entries.
- You only need to report an enduring material once for the duration of time that it will be available, up to a maximum of three years.
- You will need to enter a brief description of each of your activities, such as the abstract, content outline, or learning objectives. This data will support research and enhance search options in CME Passport.
- We modified the evaluation questions to better align with outcomes models that are used in research.
- You can tag activities by commendation criteria for your internal tracking, supporting your efforts to achieve Accreditation with Commendation.
When migrating an existing activity into the new PARS:
- Insert the activity title into the description field, if you did not include a description.
- Update the names for activity formats (formerly called activity types).
- Assign end dates for activities that did not include them previously.
- Map the previous evaluation questions to the new ones.
- Choose "yes" to include your activity in CME Passport if it was registered for MOC, REMS, or MIPS. All other activities have been defaulted to "no" and will not be displayed in CME Passport.
Updated PARS/JA-PARS Interface
Updated PARS/JA-PARS Export
Click image to enlarge
Lastly, the Rievent ACCME PARS Guide is currently being updated to reflect all the new changes and will be available in the coming weeks.
For any PARS/JA-PARS related questions, please refer to the ACCME. Feel free to let us know how these enhancements help you manage your continuing education activities. Your feedback is valuable to us.